Last Updated: May 9th, 2018
Safe Harbor Games (SHG) is serious about safeguarding your personal information. The following
discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices.
Note that this policy covers all information collected by this website and the client applications owned by SHG.
For the purpose of this document, it applies to all data collection by the www.safeharborgames.net website and client software.
The data controller of personal information can be contacted via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at: SafeHarborGames, LP, PO Box 265, Minneola, Florida 34755.
SHG provides lobbies for specific groups who hold their tournaments and events on our site (Tournaments and League/Ladders)
as well as for web-based Tournaments (Backgammon Doubling Cube).
Safe Harbor Games will never asked for any additional information beyond what is obtained during username registration!
- Each of these groups may ask for specific information from you when either
joining their groups or winning their tournaments.
- This information is collected and maintained by that group and Safe Harbor Games is not
involved, nor has any control over the handling or collection of that information.
- If you have any questions about how they handle your information or if you want it removed,
then you will need to contact that group directly
All data that we collect is stored securely on our servers that cannot
be accessed from outside SafeHarborGames.
Within SafeHarborGames, access to data is secured through a private user ID known only to
Management who maintains the database.
We have taken all reasonable precautions to safeguard the privacy of your data.
We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our site under "About SHG".
We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it
frequently. The "Last Updated" legend above indicates when this Policy was last changed.
If we make any material changes to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Site.
There is a small amount of information that we collect on our site for the benefit of the users.
- Information You Give us. During registration, we collect your
email address, password, and confirmation that you are 16 years or older and have agreed to the Guidelines, and whether
you have consented to allow us to use your email address for notifications and
- We save your security question and answer at registration and whenever you update that information.
- We save your password and email address at registration and whenever you updated that information.
- We save your preferences when you entered them for each game you play.
- We save your chat preferences whenever you changed them.
- We save your friends list choices and whether you have marked them blocked or ignored
- We save your information that you enter for your profile if you are a
Yacht Club Member or staff member
- Information Automatically collected. We collect information for
the following events:
- The results of all matches played on our site.
- Information regarding any failed login and registration events associated with
- Information to identify when your username entered or left a lobby.
- All Lobby Chat. NO private chat or game chat is collected!
- Cookies.We use session cookies(which expire once you close your web browser) to keep track
that you have successfully logged into our site.
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To secure your account and allow you to recover your password. This process uses
your email address and security question and answer to allow you to reset your
password when forgotten.
- Provide public ratings information for players and Yacht Club members for player history.
- Collect sufficient information to confirm that the player's account has not been compromised
and associate their other accounts together for security purposes.
- We may also use information collected to help identify player spoofing or abuse or
violation of our Cruise Guidelines. This information will be kept confidential and
will only be used to enforce site policy.
- We may also use this information to accurately count the number of unique visitors to
our site for advertising information, but we will not reveal personally identifiable
information to our advertisers.
- Your user password and security answer are one-way encrypted and not readable by anyone.
- We will not share any personally identifiable information with any third parties, with
the exception of resolving verified secure ecommerce transaction providers.
- We will not resell your information to any other party.
- We may share personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate
- to comply with applicable laws;
- to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to
requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or
law enforcement requirements;
- to enforce our Policy;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
- If you have created a public profile, note that you have elected to share information
about yourself to others. You have the option of making that information
available to everyone logged into the site, or just other Yacht Club Members. You have the ability at
anytime to remove this information from our site.
- Whenever you have won a tournament, the results of this tournament will be available
to other players which includes your username and what position (First, Second, Third)
you obtained in the tournament.
- The site provides game ratings for players who play in any rated game room on site.
In addition, the results of your match - who won and lost, are available to our paid
memberships for Yacht Club members.
- The site provides a point ranking system for site-wide, game-wide and group-wide which
supports a simple point system based on your placement in tournaments. The information
may include username, points, how many first, second or third places obtained and
date of most recent information.
This "session" cookie is essential to track whether you are logged in,
and which username you are using to determine your rights and privileges while on site.
Session cookies last until either you logged out of our site, or you have closed the
browser you are using to access SHG. This cookie on your pc can only be used to identify you on our site,
and does not contain any information that could be used by any other site to identify
you or your machine.
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to
SHG and how users use the site. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does
not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our site,
the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to
help operate, maintain, and improve Safe Harbor Games.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from SHG with your browser settings.
For step-by-step instructions, please check your browser’s help section. Here are
links for popular browsers: Chrome
and Internet Explorer
If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how SHG works for you. In particular,
without allowing first party session cookies, you will not be able to login to our site
and access it's features.
visits to SafeHarborGames and other websites in order to provide advertisements for
products and services (including those of third parties) that may be of interest to you.
It is important that you understand that Advertisers or Web sites that link to a
SafeHarborGames site may collect personal information about you.
sites or Advertisers.
To learn more about this practice, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/,
http://www.networkadvertising.org, or http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
To opt-out of interest-based advertising placed by Google, you can
opt-out on Google’s Ads Settings
We use Google Analytics and Quantcast, services which collect
information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual
visitors. Since they each have their strengths and weaknesses, we take advantage of both
of them. Each uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions.
To learn more about the information collected by Google Analytics, please visit
During purchase of a one year Yacht Club Membership, all financial information is collected by a third party - PayPal.
When SHG receives confirmation from PayPal that a transaction is complete, we process just the information necessary to apply the
Yacht Club Membership to the appropriate user. In cases where the information provided by the user is invalid, we
will reach out to the user to correct that information so that the purchase if properly applied.
Safe Harbor Games does not use nor transfers any of the user's information to any other party.
Your information, including personal data that SHG collects from you, may be stored at and processed by us
outside the country in which you reside, where data protection and privacy
regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in your country of residence. By using SHG, you agree to this storing or processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need
certain personal information in order to provide you with access to SHG. If you do not agree to our use of your personal
information in line with this Policy, please do not use SHG.