SafeHarborGames Download Page for Mac OSX
NOTE: We do not currently support IOS or Android devices!
Click here for the full Readme
- Download the Mac version by clicking here (approximately 338MB).
- Once downloaded, double click on the zip file and drag the Safe Harbor Games.app file where ever you want, including your Applications folder.
- The first time you start up our application, you will see a window, like most third party apps, that ask if you want to "Show Web Page", "Cancel", or "Open". Click on Open.
NOTE: To start up the app on your desktop, you can either double-click on the icon, or do a left mouse Click, and then click on Open.
(The "Show Web Page" in the mac world takes to the app's homepage, and does not start up the application.)
- Next you get a prompt to allow the app to accept incoming network connections. You can safely click on Deny.
- When you run the app, it will open a FireFox browser. Login with your nick, using this FireFox browser only, and click on the game, then the room you want to enter.
- The first time you enter a room on our site, you will see a number of "Downloading Files" windows, where additional files are downloaded to your mac to run our software
- MOST IMPORTANT!!!! - DO NOT try to update the version of Firefox or Flash in the SafeHarborGames window.
This will break the program, and the only solution is to re-download the software from our site and start over.
Depending on your security settings, you may see the message : "Safe Harbor Games - can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer".
To resolve, open Preferences, then open Security & Privacy, then click on General. Below Allow apps downloaded from: make sure Mac AppStore and identified developers is checked.
Keep that Security window open! Note that you may have to click on the lock at the bottom and login to make changes.
Now, double-click and start up Safeharborgames.app. If you are prompted with Show web page or open, click on Open.
When you see the prompt in the Security window to allow Safeharborgames.app to start up, approve it. From this point on, your Mac OSx should allow you to run it without any other prompting.
- The mac version is identical to the Windows version, running inside of a WineSkin wrapper. It opens like any other Mac application by double-clicking on it directly,
or choosing it from your Launch Window, if you add our application to your Application Folder.
- The app is completely portable and does not require you to install anything else to run
- Wineskin specifics :
- Wineskin Version 1.7
- WS9Wine1.6rc1X Engine
- Requires Mac OS X 10.8.4 or later